[Xapian-discuss] Google Summer of Code 2010

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Mar 8 04:13:51 GMT 2010

On Sun, Mar 07, 2010 at 12:16:56PM -0500, Jarrod Roberson wrote:
> getting a 100% complete version of Java bindings via SWIG would be great, it
> is hard to push for Xapian over Lucene right now because of the state the
> Java bindngs are in.

Work on SWIG-based Java bindings is already on the project ideas list we
put together last year.

But are you willing to mentor or co-mentor such a project?

If we don't have enough potential mentors to be a viable mentoring
organisation, it isn't sensible to apply.  And if do we apply and are
accepted, we don't want to suggest projects unless we have potential
mentors for them.