[Xapian-discuss] "Value in posting list too large" error with 1.1.4 (chert and brass, not flint)

Jason Tackaberry tack at urandom.ca
Mon Mar 8 16:20:05 GMT 2010

On Mon, 2010-03-08 at 03:57 +0000, Olly Betts wrote:
> I assume since the test data is email that it's not something you can make
> available?

Unfortunately no.  I tried to reproduce the problem on one of my mailing
list folders which I could share, but was unsuccessful.

> If not, you'll need to do the debugging leg work.

Which I am more than happy to do.

I've filed ticket #455 which includes the backtrace, and included some
additional information which I just discovered (namely that the problem
goes away if I don't use Enquire.set_collapse_key()):

  http://trac.xapian.org/ticket/455

Thanks,
Jason.