[Xapian-discuss] GetSpellingSuggestion returns no results.

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sat Mar 20 09:38:41 GMT 2010

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 06:37:35AM +0000, Hans Petter Evju wrote:
> To my undrestanding of those binaries is that they are .net wrappers
> around the xapian c++ win32 compiled binaries. I have gotten most of
> the stuff to work as I said, but not the GetSpellingSuggestion. (witch
> is a call to
> http://xapian.org/docs/apidoc/html/classXapian_1_1Database.html#5d9704bce82dffecdf7434d57dccdcfa
> afaik)

You need to add spellings to the dictionary, either by hand or by configuring
Xapian::TermGenerator to.  This wasn't covered by the spelling documentation,
but I've just fixed that:

http://trac.xapian.org/browser/trunk/xapian-core/docs/spelling.rst#indexing

(I actually started to write that some time ago, after this issue came up
before on the list, but the changes were only in a vim swap file, so it looks
like I hadn't saved it when my laptop failed to unhibernate and I forgot about
it until now...)