[Xapian-discuss] Debug build

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Mar 25 14:52:17 GMT 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 01:25:58PM +0100, double wrote:
> Thanks for your answer. I am writing on a testcase. Do you
> know, is there an easy way to raise the exception:
> "The revision being read has been discarded - you should call
> Xapian::Database::reopen() and retry the operation"?

Checking, we don't have any coverage for DatabaseModifiedError currently,
and throwing an exception is a plausible scenario for leaking memory.

I added a testcase for a simple situation, which should give you something
to work from:

http://trac.xapian.org/changeset/14244

This one doesn't leak though (tested by running the testsuite using
valgrind).