[Xapian-discuss] overlapping docids when searching on multiple databases?

Richard Boulton richard at tartarus.org
Fri Oct 22 10:20:48 BST 2010

On 22 October 2010 09:32, Per Jessen <per at computer.org> wrote:
> Just a quick question - it seems to me that it's entirely possible to
> get overlapping docids when searching on multiple databases?  For
> instance:

This doesn't happen, because the document IDs presented by a
multi-database are formed by interleaving the document IDs from the
sub-databases.
In your example, you'll be able to access one of the documents as
docid 19, and one as docid 20.

For details of how to convert from the docid in a multi database to
the docid in the sub-database, see:
http://trac.xapian.org/wiki/FAQ/MultiDatabaseDocumentID

--
Celestial Navigation Limited, incorporated in England & Wales
(registration number 06978117), registered office address: 58