[Xapian-discuss] Search::Xapian really slow compared to C++ Xapian

Hanzz Solo honshi at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 30 08:43:58 BST 2010

Hi,

thanks for your answer. I checked my C++ code again found the problem.
The C++ searcher wasn't using the wildcard flag, that's the reason why it
was so much faster.

That's not what I was hoping for because now I have two searchers
that are really slow then doing a complex wildcard search.

Is there a way to limit the time that Xapian can use for doing the search
or maybe a way to limit the allowed complexity of a search query direct in
Xapian?

Cheers