[Xapian-discuss] How to Retrieve content of the document?

Sym Roe sym.roe at talusdesign.co.uk
Thu Apr 21 10:39:44 BST 2011

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 10:24 AM, Rohit <76.rohit at gmail.com> wrote:
> This returns to me 8 documents which I know is the correct answer becuase I
> have made a search engine which gives me the same results. The problem is i
> only get the document numbers(ids) but not the content. the
> $doc->get_data(); is supposed to give me the content if i am not mistaken.
> It isnt doing so. Any help would be appreciated.

I don't know perl, so forgive me if I make an obvious mistake here, but this:

> if ($doc->set_data("$File::Find::name")){

Looks like it's setting the file name as the document data, and then
$doc->get_data() is correctly returning the file name you set.

So everything is working fine, you're just not actually settings the
data to what you want.

Am I missing something here?  You'll need to read the file content and
store that, or, when the results are used you could open the file
based on the file name you're storing (this would save index size).

E: sym.roe at talusdesign.co.uk
M: 07742079314