[Xapian-discuss] Writing a Quick Start Guide to Xapian

Andrew Betts andrew.betts at assanka.net
Mon Aug 29 12:09:48 BST 2011

> Sadly our application for the GSoC doc camp wasn't successful - sounds
> like there was hugely more interest than space.
>
> But I think we should do it anyway - I'll be in California for the
> mentor summit for 21st-23rd October, so could be in the UK the week
> before.  Two of the other people who were interested were based in
> London, and the other in Germany.  Perhaps there are others who might be
> able to make it if it was in the UK too.  Holding it partly over the
> previous weekend is possible if that works better for people.
>
> We could do with a venue though - somewhere with enough room for a small
> group of people to work on laptops without much disturbance is all
> that's really needed.  Internet access would be useful, but probably
> not essential.  Can anyone offer somewhere suitable?  London or
> Cambridge would be good locations I suspect, depending who can make it.

My company is moving offices soon, and would be able to provide lots of space easily, but not that soon, sadly.  In the meantime if it's at a weekend I can offer our meeting space, which can accommodate 6-8 people, plus more if you're happy to sit on bean bags or sofas.  It's located in Shepherd's Bush, West London.  We also have fast internet access.

I'll be in California from the 2nd to the 21st of October for a holiday and Blackberry DevCon, so couldn't do the week before the 21st, but could do the week after, if that is of any help.

Andrew