[Xapian-discuss] pbs with stdin and scriptindex

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Dec 6 09:26:58 GMT 2011

On Tue, Dec 06, 2011 at 09:27:40AM +0100, stephane altazin wrote:
> It works very well puting my datas in a file and passing that in the
> command line, the only problem is when i try using stdin, maybe the problem
> comes from the ascii code for ctrl+z, whic is the command I need to use to
> close the document, uner windows platform.

Yes, that will probably get you a warning or error about the Ctrl+Z
character.

But typing in data by hand on stdin isn't all that useful, aside perhaps
from quick testing.  The intention of supporting stdin input is that
you can open a pipe to scriptindex and write data to index to it, and
in that case the calling program can just close the pipe when it has
done.

> Another question about scriptindex theory. I understood that in Omega all
> probabilistic terms are lowercase. But if I index them using an uppercase
> prefix with scriptindex, will they be indexed probabilistically as it is
> written in scriptindex documentation or like a boolean term as it is
> written in the omega documentation.

Probabilistic terms can have prefixes too.  If anything in the omega
documentation suggests otherwise, can you point it out please, and we
can fix it.