[Xapian-discuss] Xapian php module doesn't load.

Rafał Jaros blade at linuxcamp.pl
Tue Dec 27 13:01:34 GMT 2011

I have web server with nginx, php-fpm(php 5.3.8) on fedora 16. I have
installed xapian from yum base repository (yum install php-xapian),
everythigs went ok. But after adding extension=xapian.so to my php.ini file
and restarting php-fpm, xapian. so doesn't load. After typing php -m in
command line i can see error message :"PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to
load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/php/modules/xapian.so' -
/usr/lib64/php/modules/xapian.so: undefined symbol: zend_error_noreturn in
Unknown on line 0"
After thar i've remove xapian installed with yum and compile the newest
version from source. Compiling didnt resolve my problem and I'm still
getting message error trying load xapian module.