[Xapian-discuss] PHP Binding and SWIG Director for XapianMatchDecider

Andrew Betts andrew.betts at assanka.net
Sat Feb 12 13:02:49 GMT 2011

> I try to use XapianMatchDecider to filtering results, but the code :
> $Decider = new MatchDecider_Search($XapianDatabase->_cPtr);
> $mset = $XapEnquire->get_mset(0, 3000, null, $Decider);
>
> Always return :
> PHP Fatal error:  No matching function for overloaded 'Enquire_get_mset'
> in xapian.php on line 1082

Hi Yohann,

I use the PHP bindings too, and this error is a common one that normally means you have attempted to invoke a method with an invalid combination of argument types.  The documentation for get_mset seems to suggest that if you are going to include a matchdecider argument you also need an RSet value before it.

http://xapian.org/docs/apidoc/html/classXapian_1_1Enquire.html#edb5fb761acc0bb2249bec375883a093

I'm also unsure whether null is a valid value to pass in the checkatleast argument.  Since you want up to 3000 results, you might want to set that value to some number higher than 3000.

Hope this is of some help.