[Xapian-discuss] index everything? (no extensions/no mime-types)

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Sat Feb 19 19:21:49 GMT 2011

I have around 550,000 files (4.7GB) that I need to index. It is a huge
mix of file types. I don't need access to this via web. I just use for
research locally. For now I do a grep and wait several minutes.

omindex complains of

	Unknown extension: .... - skipping

As I have many thousands of files that don't have extensions. (No
Period.)

Any way to use omindex to index regardless of the extensions? Maybe just
use are plain text or run strings on them?

Thanks,

  Jeremy C. Reed