[Xapian-discuss] Excessive memory use when using FLAG_PARTIAL?

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Jan 11 14:28:38 GMT 2011

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 03:02:30PM +0100, Adam Sjøgren wrote:
> > http://trac.xapian.org/ticket/350
>
> Speaking of which - is there anything I can do with the patch in ticket
> 350 to push it further along?
>
> Ought the problem be solved in a different way, or?

I think the only issue is that we may want to push the expansion of the
wildcard out of the QueryParser and into the query optimiser or the
matcher itself, and then we'd have to expand twice to throw the
exception from QueryParser.

I'm not sure there is a better way to address that than just documenting
that the exception may be thrown later in future releases though.  I've
set the milestone to 1.2.5 to make sure we consider it for the next
release.