[Xapian-discuss] unknown MIME type 'message/rfc822' - skipping

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Jan 17 00:25:43 GMT 2011

On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 03:03:57PM -0500, Asif Iqbal wrote:
> Is it possible to omindex message/rfc822 type files?

There's not any explicit support currently, but if you have a suitable
filter program for extracting text from a file format, it's pretty
easy to use it (especially as you're using 1.2.4):

http://trac.xapian.org/wiki/FAQ/OmegaNewFileFormat

> I can index them fine using `mu' (came with ubuntu pkg maildir-utils)

If mu produces a database which is compatible with Omega, you could
just index with mu and search with Omega (I don't know if it does or
not though).