[Xapian-discuss] DatabaseCorruptError

Andrew Betts andrew.betts at assanka.net
Mon Jan 17 11:27:29 GMT 2011

Hi there,

My web app uses Xapian via the PHP bindings.  I'm getting this error
thrown occasionally when atempting to instantiate a XapianDatabase
object for searching.

DatabaseCorruptError: Expected block 107 to be level 1, not 0

Here's the line that invokes it:

$database = new XapianDatabase(PROJROOT.'/data/xapian/posts');

And my version is xapian-core 1.2.3 with matchspy.  Any ideas?  Is it
likely to be because the index is being updated by the indexer at the
same time?  Is there a way to avoid getting the above error?  To be
clear, it does work most of the time, but very occasionally throws the
above.

Andrew