[Xapian-discuss] Xapian 1.2.4 released

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Jan 19 03:37:10 GMT 2011

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 03:23:14PM +0000, Tim Brody wrote:
> It looks like outlookmsg2html is going to the wrong place on install:
> /usr/lib64/xapian-omega/outlookmsg2html

Hmm, did you miss out a "bin" directory there?

> It's turning up as an unknown file in the rpm spec. 'omega' is also
> being installed there, which doesn't seem right for /lib64?

Well, the lib64 is thanks to RPM - by default this is under
<prefix>/lib.

Arguably libexecdir would be a more appropriate location, though
outlookmsg2html is actually an arch-independent script so probably
should be under /usr/share.

To be useful, the omega CGI actually needs to go wherever CGI scripts go
for the distro, or else to be copied/linked/symlinked by the user to
where it is wanted, but the former isn't possible to automatically
determine AFAIK, and the latter certainly isn't.  I don't know what RHEL
or Fedora does, but for Debian and Ubuntu the CGI is packaged as:

/usr/lib/cgi-bin/omega/omega

Anyway, for now I would just move them somewhere suitable in the spec
file after "make install".