[Xapian-discuss] Phrase search problem

Bruno Rezende brunovianarezende at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 13:14:03 BST 2011

Hi,

I'm experiencing problems when doing phrase searches with adjacent
repeated terms. Example:

if I search for 'curtain curtain' and there are documents that matches
the query, they aren't returned. But, if I search for 'curtain nice
curtain' and there are documents that matches this query, it works ok.

attached there is a python program that shows the problem. I tried
this program with python 2.5 and python 2.6, the xapian version I'm
using is the one used together with xappy (a modified version of
1.2.0, according to xapian.version_string()). I tried running this
same program in the xapian that comes with Ubuntu (1.0.20) and it
doesn't work since chert is not available.

can someone help me with this?

--
Bruno