[Xapian-discuss] "re-rooting" omindex-generated index files: possible?

Charles xapian at catcons.co.uk
Sat Jul 23 05:55:24 BST 2011

Hello :)

Is it possible to change the directory that a set of omindex-generated
index files refer to?

The use-case may help.  We create a document collation under /srv/docoll
and omindex them in the normal way into /var/lib/omega/data/docoll; it
takes > 24 hours.  We have now redesigned the directory layout under
/srv/docoll.  Ideally we would collate into /srv/docoll.new, index into
/var/lib/omega/data/docoll.new and switch from old to new by renaming --
but all the index data would refer to /srv/docoll.new.

Is it possible to "re-root" the index data?

Best

Charles