[Xapian-discuss] Problem installing Xapian python bindings on Mac OS X

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Tue Jun 14 21:51:49 BST 2011

On 14 Jun 2011, at 18:58, Ashish Gupta wrote:

> I am using xapian-bindings-1.0.16.tar.gz

Sounds like you've installed xapian-core using a packaging system, but it's only installed the binaries. If the packaging system you used doesn't contain the python bindings as well, you'll probably have to install xapian-core from source before you build xapian-bindings. That is usually fairly straightforward on Mac OS.

However you really shouldn't be using 1.0.16; it's not even the latest 1.0.x release, and you really want to use a 1.2 series, which is much more recent and considerably better. (Including easier to build on Mac OS, I believe.)

 James Aylett
 talktorex.co.uk - xapian.org - devfort.com - spacelog.org