[Xapian-discuss] OP_ELITE_SET and max number of terms

Bruno Rezende brunovianarezende at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 20:28:25 BST 2011

Hi,

When we use OP_ELITE_SET we can specify the number of terms we want to
use. In http://trac.xapian.org/wiki/FAQ/EliteSet there is this text:

"The number of terms which OP_ELITE_SET will use defaults to 10 (or
ceil(sqrt(number_of_subqueries)) if there are more than 100
subqueries), but may be set by specifying a parameter to the query
constructor"

is it possible to use only the fixed number of terms, or a fixed max
number of terms, instead of using 'ceil(sqrt(number_of_subqueries))'
(e.g. if I have 144 terms, instead of using 12 terms I'd like to use
only 10 terms)?

--
Bruno