[Xapian-discuss] GSoC 2011

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sun Mar 20 03:55:40 GMT 2011

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 12:58:13PM +0000, Olly Betts wrote:
> We've decided to apply for Google's Summer of Code this year - for
> background info on the programme see:
>
> http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/program/home/google/gsoc2011

Good news everybody, our application was successful!

Students are starting to look at the ideas lists and talk to
participating organisations, in preparation for applying between March
28th and April 8th.  So if you have ideas for projects with a scope
suitable for a student to complete in about 12 weeks, the sooner you
suggest them, the better.  For more information, see:

http://trac.xapian.org/wiki/GSoCProjectIdeas

As that page says, ideas for working on Xapian-related aspects of
other open source software are OK.

That's also the page to go if you're interesting in mentoring but
don't have a particular project in mind.

We're directing students to the xapian-devel list (or the #xapian IRC
channel on freenode) to discuss ideas, so you might want to subscribe to
that if you're interested in following what's going on.