[Xapian-discuss] DatabaseModifiedError

Andrew Betts andrew.betts at assanka.net
Wed Mar 23 10:16:47 GMT 2011

Hi,

I am starting to see more frequent occurrences of a DatabaseModifiedError when users execute searches on my site.  Since our index is being updated all the time, its easy to understand why these happen, but is it possible to ignore this error and execute the search against the stale revision?  It's likely only a few seconds out of date, and if I follow the advice and reopen() the database, it's quite possible that it will have been modified again before I manage to call get_mset.

Andrew