[Xapian-discuss] Interested in GSOC projects

saurabh kumar saurabh.catch at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 15:56:18 BST 2011

Respected sir/ma'am,

I, Saurabh Kumar, am a second year UG student in  Department of Comp.
Science at IIT
Delhi, India and want to apply for GSOC.

I am interested and would love to work on the following projects:

 -  QueryParser Reimplementation
 -  Improve Spelling Correction

I have worked on many programming projects and it makes me an eligible
candidate for SOC.

I have a experience of about 4 years in programming. I have programmed
in C, C++, SML, OCaml, Haskell, JAVA, python, PHP,

Currently I am doing a full course on programming languages where I
have done projects on design of:
a) a toy prolog interpreter ( using tools like Yacc and Lex)
b) designing a tiny language as part of this course

In fact I have worked on programming problems similar to both these projects.

I would be grateful if you could provide me with further details on
the above-mentioned project and help me in writing the proposal and
comment on the chances of these projects being selected by Google.

Thanking you

Yours sincerely

Saurabh Kumar
IIT Delhi