[Xapian-discuss] Omindex: what are the default numbered indexes?

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon May 9 23:17:53 BST 2011

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 06:00:59PM +0530, xapian at catcons.co.uk wrote:
> http://192.168.168.51/cgi-bin/omega?P=meet&DEFAULTOP=or&START=&END=&B=&COLLA
> PSE=&DB=docoll&FMT=docoll&COLLAPSE=1&xP=Zmeet&xDB=docoll&xFILTERS=--O-1.
> The second &COLLAPSE does not seem to affect what Omega displays ... ?

If there are multiple instances of a parameter which can only
meaningfully have one value, then it's essentially arbitrary which
value is used.  And collapsing on multiple values at the same time isn't
supported.

> Is the final "-1" on the &xFILTERS normal?

Yes - this means that the previous search had a collapse on value 1.

We track such things so we know when to force the first page of search
results - if you're on page 6 and change the collapse setting, it
doesn't make much sense to stay on page 6.