[Xapian-discuss] Debian and Ubuntu packages of 1.2.5

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue May 24 03:48:20 BST 2011

The Xapian 1.2.5 packages are now in Debian unstable, and I will upload
backports for Debian 6.0 (squeeze) once they've all migrated to testing,
which should happen in a few days time:

http://backports.debian.org/

I've uploaded backported packages of 1.2.5 for hardy, karmic, lucid,
maverick and natty, except for xapian-bindings which failed to build
on hardy:

https://launchpad.net/~xapian-backports/+archive/xapian-1.2

I'm not currently intending to fix the xapian-bindings build on hardy
as hardy is out of support on the desktop now, and anyone still using
hardy on the server is probably going to prefer to stick with known
versions of software.  But if you're really keen to have 1.2.5 for
hardy, let me know.

I'm planning to drop karmic (out of support) and hardy (out of support
on the desktop) starting from 1.2.6.

I've updated the old PPA this time (mostly because I accidentally
uploaded to it), but as I said in the previous PPA upload announcement,
I'm going to move to using a PPA for each release series as that seems
to allow users to manage migrating to new release series more
gracefully.  So please update your repository list from "ppa" to
"xapian-1.2" if you're using the old PPA.