[Xapian-discuss] xapian database corrupt with multi-write

潘俊勇 panjunyong at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 14:27:11 GMT 2011

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 8:08 PM, Olly Betts <olly at survex.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 01, 2011 at 11:47:49AM +0000, James Aylett wrote:
> > On 30 Oct 2011, at 23:30, ????????? wrote:
> >
> > > When there are mutiple write to a xapian db, it should raise db locked
> > > error. But I found the DB is currupted after that.
> > >
> > > It happened very often in our system.
> >
> > I can't reproduce this here, and that kind of bug would bite a lot of
> > people if it were general.
>
> There are tests in the testsuite that locking actually works.

I found sometimes  DatabaseLockError raised but the database is OK. And
sometimes database is corrupt.

If I run my app by mistake, it is very often that the database will be
corrupt. And I am very confused that why the lock file is opened by 'cat'.

> > It seems likely that there's something specific to the way you're
> > doing things.
>
> Indeed - what platform (operating system and filesystem) is this on?

Ubuntu 8.04.4

> Also, what Xapian version?

1.27

> > Are you getting the DatabaseLockError raised, and then on subsequent
> > open finding the database to be corrupt? Or are you not seeing the
> > exception and subsequently finding the database to be corrupt?
>
> Yes, a precise explanation of what you see would be very helpful too.

Sometimes I killed our server, but I found the file is still locked by
'cat'. It is very strange.
Maybe the database is corrupt after I start the server again.

--
潘俊勇

易度云办公平台
http://everydo.com