[Xapian-discuss] xapian database corrupt with multi-write

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Wed Nov 2 10:17:03 GMT 2011

On 2 Nov 2011, at 01:28, 程诚 wrote:

> I have the same problem. Every five minutes to write the database in my
> application,but if the first is not complete, there are mutiple write to a
> xapian database in the second time. So the database is currupted
> By the way, the xapian verison is 1.2.7. OS is ubuntu10.04

You still aren't answering many of Olly and my questions. What filesystem are you using? What does your indexer code look like? Which processes exist in your system, which ones try to open databases for write, which ones get which exceptions, and when does the database get corrupted? (You may want to add logging to your application at useful points so you can send us that output.) We need the answer to all of those questions to be able to try to help you.

To repeat: this functionality is covered in our test suite, and many people are already relying on it, which means most likely you're hitting an edge case in the way you're using Xapian, or you're doing something that disables some of the protection of locking somehow. We need more information to help you figure out what's going on here.

 James Aylett
 talktorex.co.uk - xapian.org - devfort.com