[Xapian-discuss] Writing a Quick Start Guide to Xapian

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Nov 2 17:56:26 GMT 2011

We've had the first documentation sprint weekend, and you can see the
results so far here:

http://getting-started-with-xapian.readthedocs.org/

Feedback is welcome (though no need to point out that some of the later
sections are just empty placeholders currently!)  There may be some
factual errors currently, as not everything has been fully reviewed -
if you see something you think is wrong or unclear, that's especially
useful to hear about.

The source is reStructured text on github, so feel free to clone, fix
issues, and submit pull requests, or just comment on the commits or
report issues there:

http://getting-started-with-xapian.readthedocs.org/en/latest/index.html#contributing

We're holding a second sprint this coming weekend, which will either be
in London or Duxford (which is south of Cambridge).

We've got the structure sorted out now, and there are a number of new
sections which need writing, and also some existing documents which
need improving and/or tweaking to fit, so if there are people who would
like to join in remotely that should work well - we can coordinate who
is doing what over IRC.