[Xapian-discuss] Node.js binding

Liam xapian at networkimprov.net
Tue Nov 8 19:36:02 GMT 2011

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 4:00 AM, Richard Boulton <richard at tartarus.org>wrote:

> On 7 November 2011 20:25, Liam <xapian at networkimprov.net> wrote:
> > So then I'd assume that TermGenerator::index_text(), and its siblings
> also
> > don't do I/O, is that correct?
>
> I believe that is incorrect.  In particular, index_text() may cause
> words to be added to the table of words used for spelling correction.

Ah, ok, thanks.

As we've tried to say before, relying on particular methods of the
> Xapian API not performing IO, or performing long-running computations,
> is going to be fragile, since that's not part of the API guarantees,
> and may change between releases.

I'd never need such info were I not writing a binding -- which is really in
your precinct, and hopefully you'll take it over someday.

In the meantime, I'd be grateful if someone on the inside could look over
the code and pose questions & comments. I should have the latest changes
pushed by tonight.