[Xapian-discuss] Node.js binding -- feedback wanted

Liam xapian at networkimprov.net
Fri Nov 11 09:09:45 GMT 2011

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 3:41 PM, Olly Betts <olly at survex.com> wrote:

> The API currently doesn't document what can cause I/O, and I think we
> don't want to tie our hands on the internal implementation by going
> through and defining this exactly (I understand from what you've said
> previously that the node API you would provide would be different in
> the two cases, so changing the "can do I/O" status means incompatible
> changes for your API).

Sure, understood. Perhaps many of the "I/O unknown" ops will end up batched
with "I/O likely" ops. It's fine for a Node binding to go through some
iterations early on, and suggesting that the user extend the binding for
his application is also reasonable

We could actually document this by marking these methods/functions
> in the API headers with a macro, so you could easily automatically pull
> out such a list into a file, which would permit automated use

That would be very helpful.