[Xapian-discuss] Node.js binding

Liam xapian at networkimprov.net
Fri Oct 21 02:23:30 BST 2011

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 4:23 PM, Richard Boulton <richard at tartarus.org>wrote:

> On 21 October 2011 00:16, Liam <xapian at networkimprov.net> wrote:
> >> Another question... is it important to enable multiple MSetIterator
> >> instances per MSet? Would it be OK to bundle an MSetIterator into my
> >> representation of MSet?
>
> I suspect that would be fine for most users, though it's a bit of a
> surprising limitation.

Alternatively I think I'll make a Javascript-native result array from the
MSet by iterating it automatically, which precludes the need for an explicit
MSetIterator api. The SQLite binding works that way, iterating all columns
in a row.

Making binding APIs a bit higher-level is pretty common in Node modules.
Several high-level approaches can be implemented in a module.