[Xapian-discuss] Node.js binding

Liam xapian at networkimprov.net
Sun Oct 23 21:08:22 BST 2011

On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 12:15 PM, James Aylett <james-xapian at tartarus.org>wrote:

> On 23 Oct 2011, at 12:07, Liam wrote:
>
> > Can you explain further? Sample code?
>
> When you call `get_mset`, you're asking for a particular range of entries;
> this is covered at the Xapian::Enquire docs (
> http://xapian.org/docs/apidoc/html/classXapian_1_1Enquire.html#d53aba9cb5b62d14dce5395f568c050f).
> Omega uses this to page through results.
>
> If the docs are confusing, please let us know so we can improve them :-)

Yes I'd realized about the mset range arguments. I initially thought your
reference to paging was about index internals. I plan to let the caller
choose the size of the mset, and return an array with an object for those n
matches. I don't think lazy loading is that efficient given the thread-pool
round trip for async calls.