[Xapian-discuss] patch proposal: omindex library or daemon

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Mon Oct 24 00:14:13 BST 2011

On 23 Oct 2011, at 12:44, Liam wrote:

> To my mind the core of omindex is the file format converter, and code
> inputting results to the db. I don't need the directory walker myself (and
> filesystem-based collections are decreasingly common in online contexts).

But almost all of the work in file format conversion is outside omindex…I guess I'm just not seeing the omindex code here as significant as you are :-)

> I'm banging away as we speak on a Node module which enables the search
> example in the quickstart guide. Will post to github as soon as it's
> working. (It's an annoyingly large amount of glue code.)
>
> BTW, if there's a downloadable database somewhere (for 1.0.x, what came for
> Ubuntu 10.04) that'd be a help for testing.

I'd probably just use the C++ code in the other half of the quickstart guide to make a compatible database; I doubt any of the other developers have a 1.0.x install lying around so you're probably in a better place for this :)

 James Aylett
 talktorex.co.uk - xapian.org - devfort.com - spacelog.org