[Xapian-discuss] patch proposal: omindex library or daemon

Liam xapian at networkimprov.net
Mon Oct 31 02:40:39 GMT 2011

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 2:05 AM, James Aylett <james-xapian at tartarus.org>wrote:

> On 26 Oct 2011, at 00:42, Liam wrote:
>
> > OK, I'm gonna start on this unless someone quickly warns me to keep my
> rogue
> > paws off the defenseless code :-)
>

> I was talking to Olly about this before the flight yesterday, and he has a
> bunch of changes on top of the current system that he's done for a client
> but not yet had a chance to merge. I imagine he'll surface at some point in
> the next couple of days once he's got back on top of things again, although
> obviously no promises how long it'll take him to extract those changes from
> any confidential work.

Checking back on this... If pending omindex changes don't impact the
mime-conversion code, we could create the mime-converter library and defer
revving omindex to use it.

The other changes I proposed, separating out document-composition and
tree-walking, aren't essential to me, so I should leave them to other hands.