[Xapian-discuss] php fatal error no matching for overloaded function Enquire_set_sort_by_key

Xiao-Wei (Shawn) Xu xwxu at astreetpress.com
Sun Apr 1 04:51:10 BST 2012

I'm using PHP. Xapian is giving me this:

Fatal error: No matching function for overloaded 'Enquire_set_sort_by_key'
in PATH/xapian.php line 1068

Confirmed that the xapian.so extension is loaded successfully.
var_dump(function_exists('Enquire_set_sort_by_key') outputs true.

in xapian.php line 1068 :

case 1: Enquire_set_sort_by_key($this->_cPtr,$sorter); break;

As the source code of the function suggests, it has to be passed a third
parameter so I did:

case 1: Enquire_set_sort_by_key($this->_cPtr,$sorter, FALSE); break;

but after this, I got 'segmentation fault from the apache error log and no
response is processed and sent back to browser.

Is it a but in xapian.so or what, how to solve this?

Thanks.