[Xapian-discuss] Incremental Index update

Jaguar Xiong xiong.jaguar at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 03:26:19 BST 2012

Hi there,
I'm looking for a full-text-search engine/library and find xapian after
googling. The application I'm working on get some specific characteristic:
1.The current data-set are already quite huge: multi-tera bytes, even
after compression.
2.Existing data are mostly read-only.
3.New data is coming every minute. The daily total could be several
gigabytes (before compressing).
4.Query rate are not huge, yet. But I do expect a real-time search,
that's, new data is expected to be available for searching after a few
minutes.

Could you share some thought about xapian with regard to above aspects?
Especially on incremental index update.

Best Regards!
Jaguar