[Xapian-discuss] omindex one file at a time?

Will Partain will.partain at verilab.com
Thu Dec 13 13:05:38 GMT 2012

Hi, all -- I want to do Plain Old Omindex'ing *but* the mapping
between my documents' filenames and the URLs where I hope search
users to find them is, uh..., strange.  The simplest thing (to
me) would be to run omindex for each document, e.g.

  omindex --no-delete -U /cool-url-1 /funky/doc/file-blah.pdf
  omindex --no-delete -U /cool-url-7 /doc/funky/ohmy/blah-file.txt
  ... and so on...

Of course, this doesn't work because the pathnames don't signify
directories.  I'm guessing the same thing can be done with
'scriptindex' -- but I really want what just plain old omindex
does.

A horrible? way might be to copy each document into a temp
directory and run omindex -- but I'm guessing the URLs would come
out wrong (it would append the filename onto the end).

All good ideas welcome.  Thanks,

Will