[Xapian-discuss] question about trigger of reopen

Xu Chen chenxu06 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 03:20:38 GMT 2012

Hi all,
Currently I'm implementing a retrieval system with multiple reader
processes and only one writer process updating the database periodically.
In a reader process, whenever a Xapian::DatabaseModifiedError exception is
caught, I call function reopen() and retry.

However, my problem is, when there is only a small set of modification,
e.g. only one new document is added, the reader would never get the
DatabaseModifiedError and hence would not call reopen. I am sure that I've
called commit() in the writer process.

Could anybody please tell me what's going wrong here?

Thank you very much.
*
Best regards!*
*Xu Chen*