[Xapian-discuss] GSoC 2012

Justin Finkelstein justin at redwiredesign.com
Thu Feb 16 10:29:29 GMT 2012

There're two things I'd like to suggest that aren't on the list:

    1. An queueing system, to eliminate or work around the one-writer at
a time issue
    2. A web service front-end, handling queries via GET, CRUD
operations via POST containing XML

The idea being to bring Xapian a bit more in-line with some of the other
search appliances and to make adoption easier.
I'm not sure how these would fit into the Xapian ethos, but it's
something I'd like to see developed.