[Xapian-discuss] GSoC 2012

Liam xapian at networkimprov.net
Sun Feb 19 21:26:55 GMT 2012

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 12:42 PM, Olly Betts <olly at survex.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 10:37:16PM -0800, Liam wrote:
>
> Wouldn't handling archive files (tar, zip) would be the more pressing need
> > in this area?
>
> I would say "more pressing" is a subjective assessment, but

You've mentioned reading archive files in omindex before, I believe it was
your rationale for a stream-based API (vs filename) to the Mime2Text
library I've started on. So I was surprised not to see it listed.

feel free to add suitable project ideas to the list if you are (or have)
> someone
> willing to mentor them.  Try to write the idea up so that it is easy
> to understand for a student who isn't intimately familiar with the
> area already, with some "resources" for further reading and a list of
> required or useful skills.

I should just edit the wiki page?