[Xapian-discuss] Building php5-xapian on Ubuntu 12.04 Server x64

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Sun May 20 14:12:00 BST 2012

On 20 May 2012, at 12:56, Olly Betts wrote:

> I would recommend using the instructions in the FAQ, which are based on
> those in the first URL, but have a couple of fixes:
>
> http://trac.xapian.org/wiki/FAQ/PHP%20Bindings%20Package

This doesn't seem to work at the moment (checked against Ubuntu 12.04 here), because the PHP smoketest won't run in a VPATH build (checked using the 1.2.10 bindings without the debian patches or build system). I think in php/Makefile.am the TESTS_ENVIRONMENT needs `$(srcdir)` in the `-d include_path=php5` stanza.

As a short-term fix, if you do the following before the `debuild` line, it seems to build okay:

sed -i 's/include_path=php5$/include_path=$(srcdir)\/php5/' php/Makefile.in
dpkg-source --commit

(give it a patch name of something like fix-php-buildtests, then just save the file it prompts you to edit)

 James Aylett
 talktorex.co.uk - xapian.org - devfort.com - spacelog.org