[Xapian-discuss] complete STOP PHRASES vs STOP WORDS

robin robin.seidel at bfarm.de
Tue Dec 3 14:35:27 GMT 2013

Hi,

first of all thanks a lot for xapian. I am using recoll as it's frontend,
but am currently getting more and more behind the technical implementation.

THE PROBLEM / TASK
we send out a lot of batch letters where 90% of the content has no
significance to the real content which we may want to search. I know that
there is the standard STOP WORD removal, so is there also a chance to have
some kind of lookup table / dictionary / ... where you define complete
phrases which are substracted before the content is indexed by xapian?

best regards

robin