[Xapian-discuss] Olly Betts, Has anyone tested the new Edit Distance(SQLServer) algorithm compared to the current one? Thank you.

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Jan 4 00:26:06 GMT 2013

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 07:35:23AM -0500, Frank Chang wrote:
> Olly Betts, Has anyone tested the new Edit Distance(SQLServer)
> algorithm compared to the current one? If you need any inditional
> information or code, please let us know.

I already indicated that we really need to see your test code:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.search.xapian.general/9434/focus=9457

But apparently your "test harness contains too much proprietray code":

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.search.xapian.general/9434/focus=9466

So you're asking volunteers to spend their time trying to recreate code
that you already have but are unwilling to disclose so that they can
answer your questions.

Realistically that's not going to happen.  Sorry to disappoint.