[Xapian-discuss] Apparent xapian.org website misconfiguration?

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Jul 10 06:53:05 BST 2013

On Tue, Jul 09, 2013 at 02:49:06PM +0100, James Aylett wrote:
> On 9 Jul 2013, at 14:37, Isaac (.ike) Levy <ike at blackskyresearch.net> wrote:
>
> > I was just in the process of showing someone xapian, when I found
> > that the website is not functioning correctly.
>
> Thanks; I think this is fixed now.

Only the front page was fixed.

I've now reworked the website to be generated statically with template
toolkit, which is saner than using PHP for templating, and everything
should now work (and load a little faster), except for the search
feature, which is the only really dynamic part of the website.

There are a few approaches we could use instead of PHP for /search,
but I'm not sure which to pick.  I'll discuss with James once he wakes
up.

This should also make it easier to deploy the website overhaul which
Justin was working on.