[Xapian-discuss] Match positions of a queryresult

Cséri Tamás cseri9 at gmail.com
Wed May 15 03:11:07 BST 2013

Hello,

I've just started learning Xapian and I'm facing the following problem.

I've indexed many text files (using a TermGenerator from std::string), each
document in my database is a single file on the disk.
The search works pretty well and finds the files that match the query
string, but I can't figure out how I can determine the location of the
actual matched terms. I want to show the user the row and column number of
the match (to somehow highlight the match).

So far I haven't found a solution. The closest I've got is the
Enquire::get_matching_terms_* functions but this does not really work for
phases and I'm still far from character positions.

I hope someone can give me some hints where to look to begin with.

Thanks,
- Tamás Cséri -