[Xapian-discuss] GSoC 2014

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Feb 24 20:35:24 GMT 2014

I'm pleased to announce we were accepted again this year.

Student applications are open between March 10th and 21st, but they've
been talking to us for a while now, and the volume of enquires has
unsurprisingly spiked today.  Please help answer questions if you're
able to.

If you're a potential mentor with an idea for a project, it would be
good to get it up soon - the later you add it, the fewer students will
consider it.

To reiterate, ideas do *NOT* have to be for work on Xapian itself -
if you're interested in adding (or improving) Xapian integration for
some other open source software, that'd be great.

And if you're interested in mentoring, please add yourself to any
project ideas that interest you.  If you want to know more about what's
involved in GSoC mentoring, one of the mentors from previous years can
give you a better idea.