[Xapian-discuss] GSoC 2014

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Thu Jan 23 17:55:53 GMT 2014

On 23 Jan 2014, at 10:50, Olly Betts <olly at survex.com> wrote:

> * Refreshing the list of project ideas - this list is one of the key
>   things they look at when reviewing org applications:
>
>   http://trac.xapian.org/wiki/GSoCProjectIdeas

I'm available as a mentor again this year, and I'm particularly interested in ways we can integrate Xapian with other projects. I'll try to add a couple of specific things that would be worth looking at (possibly including improvements to existing integrations such as Rails & Django-Haystack), but if there's anyone out there itching to add Xapian-powered search (or Xapian-powered something else, for that matter) to their favourite tool, framework, CMS or whatever, then let's talk and get a concrete idea up on our projects list (if you aren't eligible as a GSoC student then you probably are as a mentor, and I'm more than happy to work with potential mentors from outside Xapian to get this kind of thing in shape).

 James Aylett, occasional trouble-maker
 xapian.org