[Xapian-discuss] Xapian with Json

Carlos Pacheco cep_forum at icloud.com
Sat Jun 20 21:19:17 BST 2015

Hi !

I’m newbie with Xapian !

I’m looking for the best way to index json data to be able to search by name/value pair and Full Text Search using only Xapian.

I did haven’t success to found a complete or a good documentation about json index and search.

Do you know some documentation about ?

Another problem that I have is that: In the same name/value pair sometimes I have different data types (date, text, number), so I don’t know how to search in it.

Maybe that's a ridiculous question, but I’m a newbie.

For example:

{
	“id”: 10,
	“dinamic_fields”:
	[
		{
			“field_name”:”Name"
			“field_value”:”Carlos Antonio"
		},
		{
			“field_name”:”Birthday"
			“field_value”:”1975-04-23T18:25:43.511Z"
		},
		{
			“field_name”:”Age"
			“field_value”:40
		},

	]
}

Sometimes I need to search in “field_value" by text, sometimes by date interval, sometimes by specific date, sometimes by number, sometimes by number range, etc.

How can I search by  “field_value”  once we have Text, Dates and Number values in the same Key but in different array item (theres in no order) ?

Thank you !!!

Carlos - Brazil.