[Xapian-discuss] RPM for RHEL7

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue May 12 01:17:01 BST 2015

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 06:18:04PM +0000, Marc Fromm wrote:
> Marc Fromm:
> > Will the current RPM packages work on a RHEL7 system? I am upgrading
> > from a RHEL5 system that uses the omega search tool.
>
> Since there have been no replies, I take it to mean that there is no
> compatible package for RHEL7, thus I must remove the omega search
> tool.

I don't use RHEL, so can't say whether current packages work or not.

But it shouldn't be hard to build your own if they don't.  Tim Brody has
even put the Makefile he uses for building them on the server as well as
the packages themselves:

http://rpm.eprints.org/xapian/Makefile

Don't let it blindly trust the non-https automatic download of the
source tarballs though - check either the GPG signatures or the
checksums of the source tarballs to make sure they haven't been
tampered with.