[Xapian-discuss] Number of hits per document

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Mon Sep 7 12:09:23 BST 2015

On 16 Aug 2015, at 23:39, Gökhan Sever <gokhansever at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am wondering how to get the "number of hits" per document from a xapian
> database. I see similar questions posted online for lucene but haven't
> seeing anything for xapian yet. Thanks.

Lucene does this using “span queries” [1], which are similar to PHRASE / NEAR queries in Xapian, but with the additional ability to return the actual spans, ie you can find the document+position that each span starts at. Right now I don’t believe there’s a way of doing this with Xapian.

[1] http://lucidworks.com/blog/the-spanquery/

 James Aylett, occasional trouble-maker
 xapian.org